Gran fondo Wicklow
1. Purpose of the race
– Popularizing road cycling in Ireland;
– Selecting the best athletes through the road cycling race Gran Fondo Wicklow;
– Propagating a healthy lifestyle, active leisure and recreation;
– Continuing to set new trends for organizing sporting events in Ireland;
2. Date and place of the event
09.07.2022 – Road Time Trial
09.07.2022 – Road Race Youth
10.07.2022 – GranFondo, MedioFondo Wicklow
3. Start point:
09.05.2022 – Kilbride GAA Club, Kilbride Rd, Ballyfoyle, Kilbride, Co. Wicklow, W91 A37V
10.05.2022 – Kilbride GAA Club, Kilbride Rd, Ballyfoyle, Kilbride, Co. Wicklow, W91 A37V
4. Even Sign on
8/07/2022 – Friday 16:00 till 22:00: Opening of sign in office in Kilbride Road, W91 A37V, you can collect your number. / Sign on
9/07-2022 – Saturday 6:00am – 9:15am: Office opening to collect starting number / Sign on
17:30 – 22:00 – Office open issuing starting numbers for Gran Fondo and Medio Fondo on Sundays.
10/07/2022 – Sunday 6:30am: Office opening to collect starting number / Sign on
5. Event Identification
When you sign on for the Gran Fondo Wicklow you will receive your event identification
1. Bike Event ID – to be attached to the front of your handlebars – without this bike ID you will not be able to enter the start area or avail or on route services / supports and food stops.
Starsky Cycling Club
7. Benefits for the riders
The entry fee includes:
– race number with an electronic chip,
– electronic time measurement
– full medical coverage (emergency medical service)
– support and help from the Organizer’s services if necessary, volunteers’ service and supervision by the security personnel (START/FINISH LINE zone)
– referee service
– the right to use refreshment stations on the route
– a warm regeneration meal after the event
– a “Finisher” medal and t-shirt
– technical service (bike service) in the race village and on the route (depending on time, possibilities and logistics)
– photo service
– trophies for the winners
8. HOW TO TRANSFER YOUR PLACE
You should email support @ eventmaster.ie in order to transfer a place between cyclists.
As stated, as part of the event registration process and in the event terms and conditions there are no refunds or further deferrals are issued for the event.
9. Gran Fondo Open race and fastest riders in the following age categories (special prizes)
17-39 male // 17-39 female
40-49 male // 40-49 female
50-59 male // 50-59 female
60+ male // 60+ female
Special prize for the oldest participant (male / female)
Fastest tandem prize
10. Road traffic
The GF will be held with open road traffic on July 9th-10th , 2022. At particularly dangerous locations, the Organizer’s services will assist with merging into traffic.
During the race, riders must follow the road traffic rules and, in particular, ride on the left side of the road.
Riders must be particularly careful bearing in mind the possibility of vehicles entering from roads without a right of way, fields, forest paths or individual premises.
The Organizer bears no liability for possible collisions and road accidents caused through the fault of the rider.
The last athlete riding within the defined limits of average speed is followed by a vehicle bearing the sign “RACE END”.
Ambulances and roving paramedics will be available all day, should anyone require medical assistance it will be administered in the fastest possible timeframe. Please call the emergency contact number provided on the day for medical emergencies.
11. Additional information
The Organizer is not liable for any accidents that may occur while arriving at and returning from the race.
The Participant may not interfere in the appearance of the received racing number, and in particular may not remove and cover graphic elements placed on the number, or add new elements not related to the GF; this may result in disqualification.
The Organizer bears no material responsibility for any items lost during the race.
The Organizer bears no liability for possible collisions and road accidents caused through the fault of the participant.
Not knowing the Race Rules will not be treated as a justification.
Anyone found riding on the race course without a race number will be removed by the technical service.
Every GF participant must wear a stiff helmet at all times while riding during the race. A failure to wear a helmet will result in disqualification.
The Organizer reserves the right to cancel the event due to natural disasters or conditions deemed to be events of force majeure.
Get notified about Gran Fondo